Stelios Group is the Joint Venture of Every Nation Eden, Stelios Group NPC, and Stelios Group Holdings (Pty) Ltd with its subsidiary companies. Stelios Group is the Data Controller which means that they decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- Every Nation Eden – Registration Number 037-263 NPO
- The members, congregants, and participants of Every Nation Eden.
- Stelios Group NPC – Registration number 2015/055209/08
- The participants and stakeholders of all the accredited Stelios Group NPC Projects.
- Stelios Group Holdings (Pty) Ltd – Registration Number: 2021/852315/07
- The customers, clients and stakeholders of Stelios Group Holdings and its subsidiary companies.
Your privacy is important to us, and we understand how important it is to you. Our aim is to be as clear and open as possible about what we do with your personal information and why we do it. Stelios Group is committed to the privacy of all its current or former members / participants / customers / clients / stakeholders, and those who have regular contact with us in connection with those purposes, including those who attend church services / project services / events / and use our ministries / services.
Your Personal Information is defined by the Protection of Personal Information Act (the Act) as:
“information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to – (a) information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, nationality, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person; (b) information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person; (c) any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person; (d) the biometric information of the person; (e) the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person; (f) correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence; (g) the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and (h) the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person”.
How do we process your personal information?
Stelios Group complies with its obligations in line with the 8 Conditions in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 3013 (the Act), by:
- Keeping personal information up to date.
- Storing and destroying personal information securely.
- Not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of information.
- Protecting personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and disclosure.
- Ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal information through a secure management system that is only accessible by authorized persons.
- Accept joint responsibility and accountability with you to responsibly manage and protect your Personal Information when providing our services and solutions to you.
- Undertake to receive, only from you, and process the Personal Information that is necessary for the purpose to assist you with your required solutions, conclude the necessary related agreements and consider the legitimate legal interests of everyone concerned, as required by the Act and to respect your right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Information.
- Undertake to only use your Personal Information for the purpose required to assist you or provide services to you.
- Undertake not to share or further process your Personal Information with anyone if not required to assist you with your services or by law.
- Undertake to be open and transparent and notify you as and when required by law regarding why and how your Personal Information needs to be collected.
- Undertake to safeguard and protect your Personal Information in our possession.
- Undertake to freely confirm what Personal Information we have, to update and correct the Personal Information, and to keep it for no longer than legally required. A confirmation letter will be issued when Personal Information has been discarded.
Stelios Group or the companies who provide or assist with the services you required need to collect, use, and keep your Personal Information as prescribed by relevant laws and regulations and for reasons such as:
- If we need to collect information about you or your children.
- If you make a financial donation to the church or a project.
- If you are a customer who makes a booking using Stelios Group resources.
- If you are an authorized user of the Stelios Group database.
- If you sign up for one of Stelios Group events.
- If you sign up for one of Stelios Group small groups.
- If you check your child into one of our Stelios Group children’s groups.
- To share with and provide relevant products or services to you, to carry out the transaction you requested, and to maintain our relationship.
- To respond to your queries.
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorized user for security purposes.
- For ministry, projects, and training purposes.
- To execute and conduct relevant services.
- For operational purposes required to assist you with the services you require.
- For audit and record-keeping purposes.
- In connection with possible requirements by the Information Regulator or other Government agencies allowed by law, legal proceedings, or court rulings.
The legal basis for processing your data
Stelios Group will use your information for:
- Legitimate interest
- Where we maintain and process information about our members, former members and those who are in regular contact with us.
- Where you sign up for an event run by Stelios Group and we communicate with you about that event/group/service.
- Where you have contacted us independently for information about any of the Stelios Group entities or activities. In this context we will use your contact details to respond to your enquiry unless you explicitly give consent to use your information for another purpose.
- Where we need to communicate with you about: -
- Church news, events, courses, services, and ministries.
- A public-interest matter, for example to let you know if an event is canceled due to bad weather.
- A ministry or group that you are involved in as part of a serving team.
- Business communication with customers, clients, stakeholders, and subsidiary companies.
- For good governance and accounting, for planning, analysis, development of new ministries and ventures.
- Legal obligation
- When you exercise your rights under the data protection law and related disclosures.
- Under POPIA, a business cannot keep records of personal information once the reason for which the information was collected no longer exists; that is, unless storing data is required by law.
- Where you have voluntarily subscribed to Stelios Group mailing list, social media platforms, communication platforms including but not limited to WhatsApp.
- You can unsubscribe from this list at any time using the unsubscribe link in the footer of the periodic emails.
Your rights and your personal information
Unless subject to an exemption under Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 3013 (the Act), you have the following rights with respect to your personal information: -
- Access to your information: You have the right to request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold.
- Correcting your information: We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete, up to date, and you may ask us to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards.
- Deleting your information: You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you where:
- you consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained or that we no longer need to retain it in accordance with statutory obligations;
- you have validly objected to our use of your personal information – see “Objecting to how we may use your information” below;
- our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations.
- Objecting to how we may use your information: Where we use your personal information to perform tasks carried out in the public interest then, if you ask us to, we will stop using that personal information unless there are overriding legitimate grounds to continue.
- Restricting how we may use your information: In some cases, you may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information. Where this right is validly exercised, we may only use the relevant personal information with your consent, for legal claims or where there are other public interest grounds to do so.
- Withdraw consent using your information: Where we use your personal information with your consent you may withdraw that consent at any time, and we will stop using your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given. Please contact us in any of the ways set out in the “Contact information and further advice” section if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
- Lodging a complaint: If you feel we have used your information incorrectly or without lawful basis, or you dispute our lawful basis, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
- Where and whenever necessary, we seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Any additional information or concerns can be raised with the Information Regulator, who can be contacted as shared below, but please feel free to contact us first to discuss any questions or concerns you may have:
Contact details for Stelios Group
Tel.: +27 (44) 050 1390
Contact details for Information Regulator
Tel.: +27 (12) 406 4818
We can provide you with access to your personal data at any time. We ask that requests are made in writing to The Information Officer, Stelios Group, 73 Meade Street, George, 6529.
You can opt out of receiving communications from Stelios Group by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of the email, or by contacting the Stelios Group Office on +27 (44) 050 1390 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stelios Group Management Team